New York, NY | Feb '18 - Present
Freelance Sound Engineer
• Editing, mixing, and sound design for podcasts, including Freakonomics Radio, Nancy, Aria Code, Here's the Thing, and Note to Self.
New York, NY | Jul '13 - Aug '17
• Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Audio Department for Blue Man Group’s flagship theater production in NYC, including managing and scheduling staff; creating and maintaining a budget; mixing shows; and maintenance of audio equipment.
• Collaborating with directors and Sound Designer to maintain the artistic integrity of the show.
• Programming and running Avid D-Show console, Pro Tools, QLab.
Freelance Sound Engineer
NYC and Chicago | Oct '08 – Jul '13
• Live sound for musicians, theaters and production companies.
• Recording, editing, mixing, and/or mobile recording for a variety of clients.
Blue Man Productions
New York, NY | Jul '05 - Jul '13
Freelance Sound Engineer, Production Sound Assistant, Studio Engineer
• Engineering and assistant engineering on recording sessions at Blue Man Group's recording facility. Recording sessions ranged from voice-overs to full bands. Credits include:
- 20th Century Fox's Space Chimps
- Blue Man Group - How To Be A Megastar Live! CD & DVD
- Program material for their live productions
• FOH engineer for live shows in NYC, Boston, Chicago, and Orlando
• FOH, Monitors, or A2 for special appearances, most notably: America’s Got Talent, Live with Regis and Kelly, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
• Editing and mixing using Pro Tools systems and SSL 4000E-series console
• Responsible for inventory, setup and maintenance of Pro Tools interfaces, computers, software/hardware, and outboard gear
Brooklyn, NY | Dec '05 - Jul '08
• Pro Tools|HD recording and assisting for producers Joel Hamilton and Andrew Schneider in addition to bringing in own clients. Credits include:
- Lettuce - RAGE! (Velour)
- Unsane - Visqueen (Ipecac)
- 2 Foot Yard - Borrowed Arms (Self-released)
- New Idea Society - The World Is Bright And Lonely (Exotic Fever)
89.9 FM - KGRG
Auburn, WA | Oct '00 - Jul '01
• Produced Public Service Announcements, station identifications, and underwriting at a college-run radio station
• Supervised department's production and goals, overseeing quality and marketability of the final product.
The City College of New York - CUNY
New York, NY | Graduated May '06
• B.F.A. in Music & Audio Technology
• Graduated summa cum laude (highest honors)
• Recipient of Friar Foundation Scholarship and Sidney Zolot Award for Excellence in Music
SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
• Pro Tools operation, plug-ins, and configuration
• Large-format analog and digital audio consoles
• Soldering and repair of sound equipment
• Personnel management
• Project management
• Music composition and arranging
• Bilingual: English & Polish